Uses of medication:
Phenytoin belongs to antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) which are used for the treatment of complex partial seizures and tonic-clonic people with epilepsy. This drug can either be used alone or in combination with other antiepileptic drugs.
The phenytoin tablets work by blocking the seizure activity in the body that reduces diseases and enhances the activity of the brain.
Dosage: The eptoin 100 mg drug is available in tablet as well as in injection form that is swallowed whole. Tablets shouldn’t be crushed, cracked, or chewed. The tab eptoin is taken with or without food at the same time every day.
The dosage of phenytoin tablets depends upon general health and severity of problems.
The treatment reactions of eptoin 100mg drug include:
- Skin rash
- Slurred speech
- Problem with coordination
- Skin redness
Warnings and Precautions:
- Before starting the treatment consult with your health care professional about allergy with any anti-seizure medications.
- Consult with your doctor about having any medic medical history such as liver disease, diabetes, alcohol use, or certain blood conditions such as porphyria.
- Do not drive after taking an eptoin tablet as it can cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol as it can cause elevation of a drug in the blood.
- Vitamin D supplements are necessary during phenytoin 100 mg uptake.
- The eptoin 100mg is not recommended during pregnancy as it can cause severe damage to the unborn baby.
- Do not breastfeed while taking eptoin 100 as it can pass through breast milk.