Odomzo 200 mg(Sonidegib Capsules)
(ODOMZO is a registered trademarks Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation)
What is ODOMZO:
ODOMZO is a medicine that contains the active substance Sonidegib and is available as Capsules.
Odomzo – Sonidegib 200 mg is supplied for Tenders, Emergency imports, Orphan drug, Reference listed drugs, Comparator Drug, Name patient medicine, Bio-Similar and Innovator samples etc
Uses of medication: Odomzo (sonidegib) is used in order to treat adult patients with locally advanced BCC (Basal Cell Carcinoma) that has recurred after the surgery/radiation therapy, or those who are not recipients for the surgery/radiation therapy.
Dosage: Odomzo should be taken exactly as your healthcare provider instructs you. The recommended odomzo dose is 200 mg, should be taken by mouth once in a day on an empty stomach, at least 1-hour prior to or 2-hours following a meal, administered until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. In case a dose of odomzo 200 mg is missed, dosing should be resumed with the next scheduled dose.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported sonidegib side effects include:
- Hair loss
- Change in taste
- Weight loss
- Decreased appetite
- Stomach area (abdominal) pain
Warnings and Precautions
- Odomzo 200 mg can be responsible for causing absence of menstrual periods (amenorrhea) in females who are able to become pregnant. It is unspecified if amenorrhea is permanent. Discuss with your doctor in case you have any concerns about fertility.
- It is not recommended to donate blood or blood products while on the treatment with odomzo medication and for 20-months following the last dose.
- Avoid donating semen while taking treatment with odomzo capsules and for at least 8-months following the final dose.
- Women with childbearing potential should avoid taking treatment with sonidegib.
- Breastfeed should be avoided during treatment and for 20-months after the last dose of odomzo 200 mg. Talk to your doctor about the best way in order to feed your baby during this time.