Qinlock (Ripretinib) is a kinase inhibitor used for the treatment of adult patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) who have received prior treatment with three or more kinase inhibitors, including imatinib.
Dosage: The recommended dosage of Qinlock is 150 mg orally once daily with or without food until the disease is progressive or unacceptable toxicity occurs. Swallow tablets whole. Take qinlock dosage at the same time every day. Take a missed dose if less than 8 hours have passed since the missed scheduled dose. Do not take an additional dose if vomiting occurs after taking qinlock and to continue with their next scheduled dose.
Side Effects: The most commonly reported ripretinib side effects (≥20%) include:
- abdominal pain
- decreased appetite
- palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia
Warnings and Precautions:
- Perform dermatologic evaluations when initiating qinlock 50 mg and routinely during treatment.
- Monitor blood pressure as clinically indicated while on treatment with ripretinib fda label drug, and initiate or adjust antihypertensive therapy as appropriate.
- Assess ejection fraction by echocardiogram or MUGA scan prior to initiating ripretinib 50 mg and while on treatment, as clinically indicated.
- Withhold ripretinib for at least 7 days before elective surgery. Do not administer for at least 14 days following major surgery and until adequate wound healing.
- The qinlock uses can cause fetal harm if administered to a pregnant woman. Verify pregnancy status of females of reproductive age prior to the initiation of therapy.
- Females should avoid breastfeeding during treatment with ripretinib 50 mg tablets and for at least 1 week after the final dose.