Uses of medication: Rucaparib (Rubraca) is used as the monotherapy in order to treat patients with deleterious BRCA mutation associated with the advanced ovarian cancer who have been treated with a couple of or more chemotherapies.
Dosage: The recommended rucaparib dose is 600 mg (2 × rucaparib 300mg tablets) should be taken orally twice in a day either with or without food. Treatment with rucaparib needs to be continued until the disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. In case a patient misses a dose of rucaparib, instruct the patient to take the very next dose at its scheduled time. Vomited doses must not be replaced.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported rucaparib side effects include:
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
Warning and Precaution
- Patients with Rubraca (rucaparib) tablets should be monitored for the hematological toxicity at baseline and monthly thereafter.
- Patients during treatment with rubraca 200mg should be monitored for the complete blood count.
- Females taking rucaparib ovarian cancer are advised of reproductive potential of the potential risk to a fetus and to must use an appropriate contraception.
- Women taking treatment with rubraca 300mg are advised to avoid breastfeeding.
- While taking rucaparib tablets, it is recommended to avoid spending time in the sunlight.
- The safety, as well as effectiveness of rubraca 250mg in pediatric patients, is unestablished.