Uses of medication: Exondys 51 specifically is an antisense oligonucleotide used in order to treat Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) in patients with confirmed mutation of the DMD gene that is amenable to exon-51 skipping.
Dosage: The recommended exondys 51 dose is 30 milligrams per kilogram, which should be administered once weekly as a 35-60 minute intravenous infusion. In case an exondys 51 dose is missed, it should be administered as soon as possible following the scheduled time.
Treatment Reactions: The commonly reported exondys 51 side effects may include:
- Balance disorder
- Joint pain
- IV site pain
- Upper airways infections
Warning & Precautions
- The exondys 51 dosing/infusion always should be administered and monitored by a healthcare professional.
- Allergic reactions have been reported in patients treated with eteplirsen Exondys 51. Seek immediate medical assistance in case signs and symptoms of allergic reactions occur.
- Use of Eteplirsen injection has not been evaluated in patients with the renal/hepatic impairment.
- The exondys 51 injection may be responsible for interacting with other drugs. Tell your healthcare practitioner all medicines as well as supplements you use.
- Inform your healthcare provider in case you are breastfeeding, pregnant or are planning to become pregnant prior to using exondys 51 injection; it is unspecified if it would affect a fetus.