As an azole antifungal drug, Posaconazole is used for the prophylaxis of invasive Aspergillus and Candida infections in patients with high risk of developing these infections because of being severely immunocompromised.
The drug is recommended for use in patients who are 13 years or older, and have weakened immune systems.
- Take posaconazole tablets exactly as your doctor instructs you to take it.
- For loading dose, 300 mg (three 100 mg tablets) should be taken twice daily on day first.
- For maintenance dose, 300 mg (three 100 mg tablets) should be taken once daily, initiating on the second day. Duration of the therapy is depends on the recovery from neutropenia or immunosuppression.
- Picasa tablets should be swallowed whole, without dividing, crushing, or chewing. Tablets should be consumed with food.
- If you consume the excess dose, immediately call your doctor or visit the nearest hospital emergency room.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported side effects of picasa tablets include:
This is not a full list of possible adverse reactions of posaconazole 100 mg medication. To know more about adverse reactions, discuss with your doctor. Also, report your healthcare team if you experience any adverse reaction that bothers you or that does not go away.