Teysuno Capsule contains the active substances Tegafur, Gimeracil, and Oteracil. It is used for the treatment of adult patients with advanced gastric cancer in combination with cisplatin.
Dosage: The recommended standard dose of tegafur/gimeracil/oteracil when administered along with cisplatin is 25mg/m2 (expressed as tegafur content), twice daily, morning and evening, for 21 consecutive days followed by seven days rest (one treatment cycle). This treatment cycle is repeated every four weeks. Capsules should be taken orally with water at least 1 hour before or 1 hour after a meal. Tegafur/gimeracil/oteracil therapy should only be prescribed by a qualified health specialist in treating cancer patients with anti-neoplastic medicinal products.
Side Effects: The most commonly reported tegafur/gimeracil/oteracil side effects when used in combination with cisplatin include:
- anaemia (low red blood cell counts)
- fatigue (tiredness
- neutropenia (low levels of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell)
Warnings and Precautions:
- Patients taking tegafur/gimeracil/oteracil capsules with low platelet counts are at increased risk for bleeding and should be monitored carefully.
- Patients should be tested for HBV infection prior to initiating treatment with teysuno capsules.
- Patients with diarrhoea should be carefully monitored and given fluid and electrolyte replacement if they become dehydrated.
- Women of childbearing age should avoid becoming pregnant while taking treatment with this medicinal product.
- A risk to newborns/infants cannot be excluded. Breast-feeding must be discontinued while on treatment with teysuno dosage.
- Tegafur/gimeracil/oteracil has a moderate influence on the ability to drive and use machines as fatigue, blurred vision, dizziness, and nausea are common adverse reactions of tegafur/gimeracil/oteracil dose along with cisplatin.