Uses of medication: Hydrocortisone cream belongs to a mild corticosteroid class drug used for the treatment of several skin conditions such as dermatitis, rash, itching, allergy, insect bite, poison ivy, eczema, anal itching, and outer female genitals. This cream works by reducing redness, swelling, itching, caused due to skin disorders.
Dosage: Before applying the cream carefully wash and dry your hands and the affected area. In case of using lotion or foam shake well before use. A small amount of cream is applied to the affected area for at least four times a day or as directed by the physician.
Treatment Reactions: Some common treatment reactions of hydrocortisone cream include:
- An allergic reaction such as redness, swelling, inflammation in the affected area.
- Unusual hair growth
- Skin discoloration
- Stretch mark
Warnings and Precautions:
- Before using this cream consult with your doctor about having allergy with other corticosteroid creams or medications.
- Consult with your health care professional about allergy with any inactive ingredient of the cream.
- In case of prolonged itching in the female genital part, consult with the doctor before using this cream.
- This drug is not found to directly affect the baby in case of pregnancy or breast-feeding however this theme should only be used when clearly needed.