Uses of Vigabatrin:
Vigabatrin belongs to the class of drugs named antiepileptic, prescribed for the treatment of:
- Partial epilepsies together with other anti-epileptic medicines when other anti-epilepsy medication combinations have not worked.
- Infantile spasms (West Syndrome).
- Sabril tablets and powder for oral solution (sachets) should be consumed with or without food. It is necessary that you consume sabril exactly as your doctor has instructed.
- In case you have consumed too much Sabril, contact your healthcare professional, hospital emergency department.
- If you/your child missed to consume a dose, consume it immediately, and then go on as usual. However, if it is the time for your upcoming dose, skip the missed dose, and go on as usual.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported vigabatrin side effects may include:
- Common cold
- Sore throat
- Weight gain
- Joint pain
- Trouble sleeping
Above mentioned are not all the possible adverse reactions you may feel when consuming vigabatrin 500 mg. In case you or your child have any adverse reaction not listed here, contact your doctor as soon as possible.