Pemazyre (pemigatinib) is a kinase inhibitor used for the treatment of adults with previously treated, unresectable locally advanced or metastatic cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer) with a fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) fusion or other rearrangement as detected by an FDA-approved test.
Dosage: The recommended dosage of Pemigatinib is 13.5 mg orally once daily for 14 consecutive days followed by 7 days off therapy, in 21-day cycles. Continue treatment until the disease is progressive or unacceptable toxicity occurs. Take the pemigatinib dosage with or without food at approximately the same time every day. Swallow your tablets whole. Do not crush/chew/split/dissolve tablets. In case the patient misses a dose of Pemigatinib by four or more hours or if vomiting occurs, resume dosing with the next scheduled dose.
Side Effects: The most commonly reported pemazyre side effects (incidence ≥ 20%) include:
- nail toxicity
- dry eye
- dry mouth
- decreased appetite
- abdominal pain
- back pain
- dry skin
Warnings and Precautions:
- Perform a comprehensive ophthalmological examination including OCT prior to initiation of pemazyre 4.5 mg and every 2 months for the first 6 months and every 3 months thereafter during treatment.
- Patients taking treatment with pemazyre fda label medication should be monitored for hyperphosphatemia and initiate a low phosphate diet when serum phosphate level is > 5.5 mg/dL.
- Females should inform their health specialist if they are pregnant or become pregnant. Pemazyre 4.5 mg tablets can cause fetal harm if administered to pregnant women.
- Males with female partners of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during treatment with pemazyre dosage and for 1 week following the final dose.
- Patients should not breastfeed during treatment with Pemigatinib and for 7 days following the final dose.