Monjuvi (Tafasitamab) is a CD19-directed cytolytic antibody used along with lenalidomide for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) not otherwise specified, including DLBCL arising from low grade lymphoma, and who are not eligible for the autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT).
Dosage: The recommended dose of Tafasitamab is 12 mg/kg based on actual body weight administered as an intravenous infusion. Each treatment cycle of Tafasitamab lasts for 28 days. You will receive Tafasitamab on days 1, 4, 8, 15, and 22 during your first cycle. You will receive Tafasitamab on days 1, 8, 15, and 22 during your second and third cycles. After your first 3 cycles, you will receive Tafasitamab once every 2 weeks on days 1 and 15. After 12 cycles, you will receive only Tafasitamab. Administer tafasitamab dosage in combination with lenalidomide 25 mg for a maximum of 12 cycles, then continue it as monotherapy until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Tafasitamab should be administered by a healthcare professional with immediate access to emergency equipment and appropriate medical support to manage infusion-related reactions (IRRs).
Side Effects: The most commonly reported monjuvi side effects (incidence ≥20%) include:
- Peripheral edema
- Decreased appetite
- Respiratory tract infection
Warnings and Precautions:
- Premedicate patients prior to starting monjuvi 200 mg infusion. Monitor patients frequently during infusion.
- Monitor patients for CBC prior to administration of each treatment cycle and throughout the treatment.
- Monitor patients with tafasitamab dosing for signs and symptoms of infection and manage infections as appropriate.
- Monitor patients with neutropenia for the signs and symptoms of infection.
- The monjuvi drug is initially used along with lenalidomide. This combination is contraindicated in pregnant women, because lenalidomide can cause birth defects and death of the unborn child.
- Due to the risk for serious adverse reactions in the breastfed child, women should not breastfeed during treatment with tafasitamab-cxix 200 mg and for at least 3 months after the last dose.