Uses of medication: Daurismo (Glasdegib) is used together with low-dose cytarabine, for the treatment of newly-diagnosed adult patients (aged >75 years older) with acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Dosage: The recommended glasdegib dose is 100mg orally once in a day either with or without food on days 1’st to 28’th together with cytarabine 20mg subcutaneously twice in a day on days 1’st to 10’th of each 28-day cycle. Glasdegib tablets should be administered at about the same time each day, even without splitting or crushing.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported glasdegib side effects include:
- Decreased appetite
- Febrile neutropenia
- Musculoskeletal pain
Warning & Precautions
- The glasdegib uses should be avoided in patients with the comorbidities of severe renal impairment or moderate to severe hepatic impairment.
- Donating blood or blood products while on glasdegib 100 mg and for at least 30 days following the last dose.
- Semen shouldn’t be donated while on daurismo 100 mg treatment and for at least 30 days after the last dose.
- Women with childbearing potential and taking treatment with daurismo tablets should avoid becoming pregnant.
- Do not breastfeed or provide breast milk to infants/children while taking glasdegib tablets and for at least 30 days following the last dose.