Uses of medication: Hydroquinone cream is a depigmenting cream used to lighten the dark patches such as chloasma, freckles, melisma, age spots caused due to increased formation of melanin in the skin. Hydroquinone cream blocks the process of skin that causes discoloration or pigmentation.
Dosage: Apply the cream on the pigmented area twice or thrice daily. Coat the skin with the even layer to avoid improper skin lightening. This cream is strictly allowed only for external use and should be used away from eyes and mouth. The cream can cause toxicity and in case of a missed dose apply the cream as soon as you recall.\
Treatment reactions: Some most commonly reported treatment reactions include:
- Mild burning
- An allergic reaction such as itching or inflammation
- Skin cracking
- Blue-black darkening of the skin
Warnings and precautions
- Before using this cream talk with your health care professional about having any allergy with inactive ingredients present in the cream.
- Before using this cream talk with your doctor about asthma or any skin disorder.
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding, the cream should be avoided until it is very necessary.
- If the problem of flaking or inflammation persists after using the cream discontinued the drug immediately.
- Consult with your health care professional about taking any home remedy for vitamins along with the treatment.