What is Ixazomib?
Ixazomib is a medicine that contains the active substance Ixazomib Citrate and is available as Capsules.
Ixazomib Citrate 4 mg, 3mg, 2.3 mg is supplied for Tenders, Emergency imports, Orphan drug, Reference listed drugs, Comparator Drug, Name patient medicine and Innovator samples etc.
Ixazomib capsules contain 4, 3 or 2.3 mg of ixazomib equivalent to 5.7, 4.3 or 3.3 mg of ixazomib citrate, respectively.
Uses of medication: Ixazomib is used together with the medicine lenalidomide and dexamethasone in order to treat patients with multiple myeloma (MM) who have received at least one prior therapy.
Dosage: The recommended dose of Ixazomib should be taken once a week on the same day and at about the same time for the initial 3 weeks of a 4 week cycle. This medication should be taken at least one hour prior to or at least a couple of hours following the meal. The capsule should be swallowed whole through water. Do not crush, chew or open the capsule.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported Ixazomib side effects may include:
- Back pain
- Feeling tired/weak
- Reduced white blood cells
- Decreased appetite
- irregular heart rate
- Blurred vision
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Warnings and precautions
- Safety, as well as efficacy of Ixazomib 4 mg/3mg/2.3mg, is not established in children and adolescents aged below 18 years.
- Avoid letting the contents of the capsule come into contact with your skin.
- During ixazomib capsules uses, in case the powder accidentally comes into contact with your skin, you need to wash it off thoroughly with the help of soap and water.
- If the Ixazomib 3 mg/2.3mg/4mg capsule breaks, clean up the powder, taking care that it does not cause any kind of dust in the air.
- Woman of childbearing potential or a man who can father a child, should consider effective contraception ways during and for 90 days following the treatment.
- The ixazomib multiple myeloma drug is not recommended during pregnancy as it may harm your unborn baby. Breast-feeding needs to be stopped while on treatment with Ixazomib 4 mg/3mg/2.3mg.
- It is not recommended to consume ixazomib in case you are allergic to it or to any of its existing ingredients. Your healthcare practitioner will examine you and also you will be monitored closely during treatment.
- Prior to starting and during treatment with Ixazomib fda label, you will have blood tests in order to check that you have sufficient blood cells.