Uses of medication: Xospata (Gilteritinib) is a kinase inhibitor used for the treatment of adult patients with FLT3 mutated relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Dosage: The recommended starting gilteritinib dose is 120 mg orally once daily either with or without food. Do not break or crush gilteritinib tablets. Administer the tablets orally about the same time each day. If a gilteritinib dose is missed or not taken at the usual time, administer the dose promptly on the same day, and at least 12 hours prior to the next scheduled dose. Never administer 2 doses within 12 hours.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported gilteritinib side effects include:
- Eye disorders
- Renal impairment
- Transaminase increased
- Noninfectious diarrhea
Warning & Precautions
- The xospata uses should be avoided in patients with hypersensitivity to gilteritinib or any of the excipients.
- Patients should be assessed for blood counts and blood chemistries, prior to the initiation of xospata 40 mg.
- Patients should be performed for the electrocardiogram (ECG) before initiation of gilteritinib treatment.
- Women with childbearing age and taking treatment with gilteritinib 40 mg should avoid becoming pregnant.
- Lactating women shouldn’t breastfeed during treatment with xospata 40 mg and for at least 2 months after the last dose.