Uses of medication: Calquence (Acalabrutinib) is used in order to treat adult patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) who have taken at least 1-prior therapy.
Dosage: The recommended acalabrutinib dose is 100mg taken orally around every 12 hours until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Capsules should be swallowed whole through water. It is not recommended to open, break or chew the capsules. The calquence dosage can be taken either with or without food.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported acalabrutinib side effects include:
Warnings and Precautions:
- The calquence 100 mg may be responsible for increasing the risk of hemorrhage in patients with antiplatelet/anticoagulant therapies and patients must be monitored for the signs of bleeding.
- Patients on calquence 100 mg should be monitored for atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter and managed as appropriate.
- Patients taking acalabrutinib should be monitored for the signs and symptoms of infection and treated as medically appropriate.
- Apprised women not to breastfeed while on treatment with acalabrutinib cll and for at least 2-weeks after the last dose.
- Patients should be assessed for the complete blood counts monthly during treatment.
- Women with the childbearing age should avoid taking treatment with acalabrutinib 100 mg, as it could be hazardous to the fetus.