Uses of medication: Aliqopa (Copanlisib) is used in order to treat adult patients with relapsed follicular lymphoma (FL) who have received at least 2-prior systemic therapies.
Dosage: The recommended aliqopa 60 mg dose should be administered as a 1-hour intravenous infusion on Days 1, 8, and 15 of a 28-day treatment cycle on an intermittent schedule (3-weeks on and 1-week off). Treatment with aliqopa should be continued until the disease progression or not acceptable toxicity.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported aliqopa side effects include:
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Decreased general strength and energy
Warnings and Precautions:
- Diabetes mellitus patients should only be treated with aliqopa 60 mg after adequate glucose control and should be monitored closely.
- Pre- and post-infusion of copanlisib, patients should be monitored for BP.
- While on treatment with copanlisib 60 mg patients should be monitored for blood counts at least weekly basis.
- Do not administer copanlisib during pregnancy, as this medication can be responsible for causing fetal harm if administered to a pregnant woman.
- Lactating women should not breastfeed during treatment with copanlisib 60 mg and for at least 30 days following the final dose.
- Patients with aliqopa should be monitored for signs and symptoms of infection. Withhold the treatment for Grade-3 and higher infections until the resolution.