Gavreto (Pralsetinib) Uses
Gavreto (Pralsetinib) is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of adult patients with metastatic rearranged during transfection (RET) fusion- positive non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Dosage: The recommended dose of Pralsetinib is 400 mg administered orally once daily on an empty stomach (no food intake for at least 120 minutes before and at least 60 minutes after taking Pralsetinib). Continue treatment until the disease is progressive or unacceptable toxicity occurs. If a pralsetinib dose is missed, it can be taken as soon as possible on the very same day. Resume the regular daily dose schedule for Pralsetinib the next day. Do not take an additional dose if vomiting occurs after Pralsetinib but continue with the next dose as scheduled.
Side Effects: The most commonly reported pralsetinib side effects (≥25%) include:
- Musculoskeletal pain
Warnings and Precautions:
- Monitor patients with pralsetinib 100 mg capsules for pulmonary symptoms indicative of ILD/pneumonitis.
- Optimize blood pressure prior to initiating therapy with Gavreto. Blood pressure should be monitored after 1 week, at least monthly thereafter.
- Monitor AST and ALT prior to initiating therapy with pralsetinib capsule, every 2 weeks during the first 3 months, then monthly thereafter.
- Withhold Pralsetinib for at least 5 days prior to elective surgery. Avoid using it for at least 2 weeks after any major surgery and until adequate wound healing.
- Women should avoid breastfeed during treatment with gavreto 100 mg capsules and for seven days after the final dose. Females should avoid using gavreto during pregnancy. Advise females of reproductive potential to inform their health specialist of a known/suspected pregnancy.