Uses of medication: Nerlynx (Neratinib Maleate) is a kinase inhibitor indicated for:
- Extended Adjuvant Treatment of Adult Patients with Early-Stage Breast Cancer.
- Advanced/Metastatic Breast Cancer together with Capecitabine.
Dosage: The recommended neratinib dose is 240mg (6 Tablets) should be taken orally once daily with food, at approximately the same time every day, continuously for one year. The neratinib 40 mg tablets should be swallowed whole and should not be chewed, crushed, or split before swallowing.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported nerlynx side effects include:
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
- Muscle spasms
- AST or ALT increase
- Nail disorder
- Dry skin
- Abdominal distention
- Weight decreased
- Urinary tract infection
Warnings and Precautions:
- Patients should be monitored for the diarrhea and treated with additional antidiarrheals as required.
- Patients should be measured for total bilirubin, AST, ALT, and alkaline phosphatase prior to initiating nerlynx 40 mg treatment monthly for the first 3-months of the treatment, then every 3-months while on the treatment.
- On behalf of findings, nerlynx uses can be responsible for causing fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman.
- Due to risk for the severe adverse reactions in the breastfed infants from nerlynx dosage, advise lactating women not to breastfeed while taking this drug and for at least one month following the final dose.