Uses of medication: Alunbrig (Brigatinib) is a kinase inhibitor used for the treatment of patients with ALK +Ve metastatic NSCLC (Non Small Cell Lung Cancer) who have progressed on or are intolerant to crizotinib.
Dosage: The recommended brigatinib dose is 90 mg orally, which should be taken either with or without food once daily for the initial 7 days. In case 90 mg is tolerated during the initial 7 days, increase the dose to 180 mg orally once daily. Pills should be swallowed whole. Do not crush/chew brigatinib tablets.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported alunbrig side effects include:
Warnings and Precautions:
- The safety as well as efficacy of brigatinib uses in the pediatric patients have not been established.
- Patients taking treatment with brigatinib 30 mg should be monitored for the blood pressure following 2 weeks and then at least monthly during treatment.
- Patients with brigatinib 180 mg should be monitored for heart rate regularly during treatment.
- Women with childbearing potential should avoid conceiving a baby while on the brigatinib treatment.
- Lactating women should avoid breastfeeding during treatment with brigatinib 180 mg and for 1 week after the final dose.