Uses of medication: Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Emtricitabine and Efavirenz (Trustiva) is used alone as a complete regimen or together with other antiretroviral agents in order to treat adults and pediatric patients aged 12 years or older with HIV-1 infection.
Dosage: The dose of trustiva for adults and pediatric patients aged 12 years or older with body weight at least 40 kg is one tablet once in a day consumed orally on an empty stomach.
Dosing at bedtime can improve the tolerability of nervous system symptoms.
In case of an occurrence of drug overdose, patients must be monitored for the evidence of toxicity.
If you forget to consume any dose, discuss with your healthcare professionals.
Treatment Reactions: The most commonly reported trustiva side effects may include:
- Abnormal Dreams
In case you experience these or any new side effects while consuming this drug, report to your healthcare provider.
Warnings and Precautions:
- All the respective patients need to be tested for the existence of chronic HBV prior to or when starting antiretroviral therapy.
- Trustiva should not be used together with the adefovir dipivoxil.
- The use of this drug must be interrupted in any patient with lactic acidosis or pronounced hepatotoxicity.
- Careful monitoring is required for patients with mild hepatic impairment taking drug trustiva.
- Do not use efavirenz emtricitabine tenofovir disoproxil fumarate during pregnancy.
- Caution is required if any patient is consuming this medication with a history of seizures.
- The efavirenz emtricitabine tenofovir is avoided together with high-dose or multiple non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs).
- Patients with emtricitabine tenofovir efavirenz should be alerted to the potential for additive central nervous system effects when this drug is used along with alcohol or psychoactive drugs.